Girly Graphics

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Countdown Fact #8, the closing of another chapter, good-bye NYSIP

Christmas Countdown Fact #8In Northern Europe Christmas occurred during the middle of winter, when ghosts and demons could be heard howling in the winter winds. Boughs of holly, believed to have magical powers since they remained green through the harsh winter, were often placed over the doors of homes to drive evil away. Greenery was also brought indoors to freshen the air and brighten the mood during the long, dreary winter.

Legend also has it that holly sprang from the footsteps of Christ as he walked the earth. The pointed leaves were said to represent the crown of thorns Christ wore while on the cross and the red berries symbolized the blood he shed.


So that's it. After a crazy ass Skype meeting....loads of screaming on other people's end and nasty words I have walked away from my paranormal investigative group which I founded. What had once been fun and full of laughter, commadarie and friendship turned bitter, and hateful thanks to some bad apples in the group. A friendship has been irrevocably destroyed and the bridge to repairing the friendship in no way approachable. I had thought to post some of the nasty e-mails from the other person who started this group, so people could see what I had to deal with at the end. But tonight, when I deactivated the account, am now unable to access those e-mails. But you know what? It's for the better. Why post their nasty and hateful words, giving them attention, and expelling my energy on them, who were never truly my friends? So instead, I walk away from this chapter in my life, a little bruised but with a smile on my face. Because now I can focus on something else which may bring me joy.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you...you did the right thing and when you left you took the heart of the group with you. On to bigger and better, darling girl!! I'm so proud of you for standing up for yourself and not letting any bullshit be pawned off on you.
    xox

    ReplyDelete