Girly Graphics

Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Countdown Fact # 13, cookie recipe (Cinnamon Apple Butter Cookies)

Christmas Countdown Fact # 13: Q: What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?

                                                                              A: Frostbite

If you follow me on FaceBook, you know that I've been baking up a storm for Christmas. I love to bake...and Christmas is the perfect time of the year to do so. There are so many traditional recipes that are always a favorite, and also I like to try a few new ones. This year I caved in and got myself the Wilton cordless cookie press. However, I have not mastered it, and am not quite sure that I *love* it like people claim they do.

Cinnamon Apple Butter Spritz Cookies

1/2 cup apple butter
1/2 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (f). In mixer bowl cream apple butter, butter, and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk, vanilla, cinnamon and mix. Add flour and mix until just blended. Shape dough into small logs and place in Cookie Master Plus. Using desired disk, press shapes onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie rack. Makes 3-4 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment