Girly Graphics

Monday, January 31, 2011

SAG Awards Recap

     I am such a chick. I love watching the red carpet and award shows of Hollywood, so I can gawk at all the beautiful gowns and get all the latest 'gossip'. I always imagine what I would wear, and what I'd say if I had the opportunity to walk the red carpet at one of these awards ceremonies. However, we are now knee deep in to the season, and I have to say I am very disappointed and bored. The Screen Actors Guild awards last night was very competitive but the speeches were dull, and many of the actors who were nominated and lost did not hide their disgust very well. I was almost sorry that I even tuned in to watch. However there were some of the 'beautiful people' who were beautifully dressed, and I think deserve recognition. So here we go:

Natalie Portman Natalie Portman showed off her bump beautifully. Not looking like a stuffed sausage, and went for simply elegance.

Sofía Vergara Sophia Vergara was stunning. A beautiful shade of blue, and the way the material draped was extremely flattering.

Julia Stiles Julia Stiles picked it right. The colors are traditional, black and white. But this is a gown that any woman can wear.

Helena Bonham Carter Helena Bonham Carter....is classic and beautiful here. She didn't go her traditional route of eccentric. She matched everything perfectly. She is timeless.

Cara Buono Cara Buono....I have no idea who you are. But this edgy dress is on the edge. Equal parts edgy and looking like my bed comforter.

Angie Harmon Angie Harmon....so nice I have to show it twice. If I could afford any of the gowns from last night....THIS is the one I would buy! Angie Harmon

Kim Kardashian Kim Kardashian....I really would have loved to not have included you here. But this was my second favorite gown. Very elegant, and the jewel-tone is beautifully picked for this time of year and your skin tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment